BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] restores keep failing

2009-06-14 19:24:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] restores keep failing
From: "Chris Baker" <cbaker AT intera DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 18:19:13 -0500
You are correct. I do need to provide more information. It was rude not to.

My backups are smb. I am restoring to a Windows server. The old server failed.
I am restoring from Thursday night's backup.

3) Consider restoring to a local USB HDD, and then transport the USB HDD
to the remote machine and copy across. The sneaker net really can be
quite fast sometimes....

This is a good idea. I have a 750 USB GB drive that is just waiting to be used.
Sneakernet is certainly acceptable. In many cases, it is faster and more
trustworthy. Please give more details on how to do this? I have not installed
cpan, but I can.

I will restoring onto Windows. Thus, my USB drive needs to be readable by both
Linux and Windows. I have mounted USB drives like this before,  using Fuse and
so on.