BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] External WD Worldbook Device

2009-06-02 18:11:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] External WD Worldbook Device
From: "David Williams" <dwilliams AT dtw-consulting DOT com>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 17:49:24 -0400
I did finally get around to hacking my drive and enabling NFS.  I can now
mount it as NFS and backuppc is now working again :)

However, there might still be something wrong with my setup.

I am running Mandriva 2009.0 and installed backuppc from the Mandriva
respostiory.

I updated the config.pl file and one of the things that I did change was the
TopDir parameter, which I set to /backups

My backups are currently going to /backups/pc/xxxx, where xxxx is the host
that I am backing up.

I was re-reading the email below about the pool files and I didn't see
anything under /backups/cpool or /backups/pool.

On further investigation I do see files/directories under
/var/lib/backuppc/cpool.  By changing the TopDir parameter in the config.pl
file have I messed anything up ?  Backups seem to be working (very slowly),
but they are working.  I am assuming that this is ok but not sure.

Under /var/lib/backuppc/cpool are directories like 0/ 1/ 2/ 3/, etc but when
I drill down into some of these directories I don't see any files.

Would appreciate some help.

David Williams