BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] External WD Worldbook Device

2009-06-03 01:20:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] External WD Worldbook Device
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 01:15:40 -0400
Les Mikesell wrote at about 22:13:41 -0500 on Tuesday, June 2, 2009:
 > > I current mount the NFS drive as follows:
 > >
 > > backupdevice1:/shares/internal/PUBLIC /backups nfs
 > > rsize=8192,wsize=8192,nosuid,soft 0 0
 > >
 > > I took a look at the options and there is no async option, just a sync
 > > option.  According to the info sync does the following:  All I/O to the
 > > file
 > > system should be done synchronously.
 >
 > I think async is the default these days.

I use the following options in my nfs mount (note some options may be
default and not strictly necessary but I have included them for
clarity)

auto,noexec,nosuid,nodev,intr,_netdev,async,timeo=25,hard

Specifically async is *much* faster than sync. I believe I set the
timeo=25 to avoid problems when my remote disk had spun down.