BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] [SUGGESTION] "Duration/mins" not in decimal format

2009-05-18 16:41:01
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] [SUGGESTION] "Duration/mins" not in decimal format
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 15:38:07 -0500
Boniforti Flavio wrote:

> Il 18.05.09 18:14, "Les Mikesell" <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> ha scritto:
>
>> In all cases, this would be skewed if you add the '-C' (compression)
>> option to the ssh command since that would happen before backuppc sees
>> the data.
>
> And that's my case :-/
> Do you also think that the best approach is the iptables one?

I think the best approach is to have enough bandwidth that you don't
need to worry about it - or at least can get by with tracking it at the
interface or switch port level with an snmp tool like cacti or opennms.
  If you need to count bytes between machines, ntop might work but it is
a fairly big load on the server.  It is a handy thing to have around
when you suspect some machines have viruses or just want to see the
bandwidth hogs - http://www.ntop.org.