BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] [SUGGESTION] "Duration/mins" not in decimal format

2009-05-15 18:36:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] [SUGGESTION] "Duration/mins" not in decimal format
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 18:31:09 -0400
I agree totally with Holger. It is much easier to convert raw data to less
precise and/or more humanly readable formats than vica-versa. Plus,
the data is usually something you only look at when troubleshooting or
analyzing performance, not something that is of interest to the casual
user.

If you want an alternative more lay person format, I'm sure you could
rather easily develop another web page that suits your purposes and
contribute it back to the project. In fact, if you start by thinking
of your audience and purpose, the ideal summary page for the lay
person is likely to have many other changes beyond just time and
storage formats.