BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Behavior of BackupFilesExclude for rsync

2009-05-15 15:03:20
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Behavior of BackupFilesExclude for rsync
From: Tim Cole <tim.cole AT athenatech DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 14:58:40 -0400

Matthias Meyer wrote:
> Tim Cole wrote:
>

>> Sorry for the html - I forget thunderbird is set to do that by default.
>> I am not using cygwin, so the windows shares are mounted via cifs on an
>> embedded linux appliance at the remote end.  The path to the mounted
>> shares on the remote end is "/mnt/lpl/"  I have actually been careful to
>> match case when entering the exclusion.  Here's a snip from the log and
>> my config file so you can see what I'm talking about:
>>
>> Remote[1]: rsync: readdir("/mnt/lpl/System Volume Information"):
>> Permission denied (13)
>>
>> $Conf{ClientNameAlias} = '10.2.10.18';
>> $Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
>>   '/mnt/lpl'
>> ];
>> $Conf{RsyncdAuthRequired} = '0';
>> $Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsync';
>> $Conf{DumpPostUserCmd} = '/var/lib/backuppc/report.sh $xferOK $client
>> $moreUsers'; $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
>>   'system files' => [
>>     '*.ALF',
>>     '*.ADF',
>>     '/mnt/lpl/System Volume Information'
>>   ]
>> };
>>
>> /
>> /
>>

> Did you use rsyncd on client side or not?
> If yes, try:
> $Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
>   'LPL'
> ];
> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
>   'LPL' => [
>     '*.ALF',
>     '*.ADF',
>     '/System Volume Information'
>   ]
>
>> };
>>

> and on client side in the /etc/rsyncd.conf:
> [LPL]
>  path = /mnt/lpl/
>
> br
> Matthias

Matthias - I do not use rsyncd on the client side.  Holger pointed out I
was not putting the path in the exclude "key."  I was simply naming that
something meaningful and then putting the path to the exclusion
underneath the key.  I didn't understand that from reading the
documentation.  Anyway thanks for your suggestions.

Tim