BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Behavior of BackupFilesExclude for rsync

2009-05-15 02:51:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Behavior of BackupFilesExclude for rsync
From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 08:48:00 +0200
Tim Cole wrote:

> I have a similar question.&nbsp; I'm using rsync for transfer and need to
> exclude a few windows directories such as system volume.&nbsp; I added the
> path to the directory as rsync sees it on the other end
> "/mnt/windows/system volume information" but it doesn't get
> excluded.&nbsp; I see a permission denied in the logs and the incremental
> updates take a long time to complete even if it doesn't copy a single file
> over.&nbsp; I've tried using backslashes before the spaces, question marks
> in place of the spaces, quotes, no quotes, spaces, no spaces, and nothing
> works.&nbsp; When I used to do rsync backups manually I used an exclude
> file with just "System Volume Information" and it worked.&nbsp; Any
> suggestions would be great.

First: please do not use html messages
Your question:
I run rsyncd on my windows clients in a cygwin environment. Therfore I have
a /etc/rsyncd.conf with:
[C]
 path = /cygdrive/c/

and a exclude entry in backuppc which looks like:
/Windows/System Volume Information

Why do you use /mnt/windows instead /cygdrive/c/windows ?
br
Matthias
--
Don't Panic