BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Behavior of BackupFilesExclude for rsync

2009-05-15 11:51:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Behavior of BackupFilesExclude for rsync
From: Tim Cole <tim.cole AT athenatech DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:46:52 -0400
Sorry for the html - I forget thunderbird is set to do that by default.
I am not using cygwin, so the windows shares are mounted via cifs on an
embedded linux appliance at the remote end.  The path to the mounted
shares on the remote end is "/mnt/lpl/"  I have actually been careful to
match case when entering the exclusion.  Here's a snip from the log and
my config file so you can see what I'm talking about:

Remote[1]: rsync: readdir("/mnt/lpl/System Volume Information"): Permission
denied (13)

$Conf{ClientNameAlias} = '10.2.10.18';
$Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
  '/mnt/lpl'
];
$Conf{RsyncdAuthRequired} = '0';
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsync';
$Conf{DumpPostUserCmd} = '/var/lib/backuppc/report.sh $xferOK $client
$moreUsers';
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  'system files' => [
    '*.ALF',