BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] My cpool and pool dirs are empty

2009-03-12 17:06:07
Subject: [BackupPC-users] My cpool and pool dirs are empty
From: "Wayne L Andersen" <waynea AT clima-tech DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:57:38 -0600
Here are the steps I took, straight from my bash history:

   313 yum update
   314 yum install backuppc
   315 mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdc1
   316 mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt/usb/
   317 vi /etc/BackupPC/config.pl

  # I changed the line $Conf{TopDir} = '/var/lib/BackupPC/';
  # to $Conf{TopDir} = '/mnt/usb/BackupPC/';

   318 cd /var/lib/
   319 mv BackupPC /mnt/usb/
   320 vi /etc/httpd/conf.d/BackupPC.conf
   321 htpasswd -c /etc/BackupPC/apache.users waynea
   322 chkconfig backuppc on
   323 service backuppc restart
   324 service httpd restart
   325 cat /var/log/messages

At this point I went to the web inerface added my host and started backing
up.

It is my understanding that mv preserves hardlinks so this should have
worked.

Just as a general understanding of how BackupPC works in a normal scenario
what hard links are created during the initial install?

Is cpool or pool a hardlink to pc?