BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Problem with cpool after xfs_repair

2009-03-12 17:33:37
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Problem with cpool after xfs_repair
From: Thomas Karcher <thkarcher AT gmx DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 22:19:27 +0100
Hi there,

after more than one extensive xfs_repair, my cpool seems to be far to
empty ... before the filesystem error, I had around 600 GB, now it's
below 100 GB. However, backups run well.

I suspect that xfs_repair "tidied up" a lot in the cpool directory, so
BackupPC_nightly doesn't find the actual files that are backuped because
many of them are not linked to cpool anymore, but still exist in the pc/
directory.

My suspicion is that I should do something like: Run BackupPC_link over
each last full backup of my hosts, then I should get roughly my cpool
back. But how do I do that? BackupPC_link relies on the NewFiles
(similar name) file, so I cannot simply run it manually, can I?

Any other ideas?

Thank you,
Thomas