BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] how to backup the backuppc server (off site)

2009-02-11 05:05:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] how to backup the backuppc server (off site)
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:01:49 +0100
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 03:33:05AM -0600, mortonda AT dgrmm DOT net wrote:

> > 1) AoE (ATA over Ethernet) - you could add a drive to your BackupPC
>
> > 2) (Soft?)RAID1 with at least 3 drives. I've used this and I'm currently
>
> 1 + 2 = 4)  RAID over the network.  See http://www.drbd.org/

Has anybody tested this in production? I wouldn't add some network
latency to the filesystem BackupPC is running on since it's VERY I/O
intensive. I've never used/tested DRDB though, just saw it on a
customer's server where speed isn't main priority.

Would you run a database on DRDB?

Bye,

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de