BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] how to backup the backuppc server (off site)

2009-02-10 12:45:55
Subject: [BackupPC-users] how to backup the backuppc server (off site)
From: scurry7 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:43:44 -0500
Since most on-line storage service (that I know of) do not allow me to
configure my own server but merely transfer data to them, do you all think it
would work to setup an additional backupPC server (with the same backups) and
mount a remote file-system (the online storage) via sshfs or something to my
/var/lib/backuppc directory?
So if things went down I could re-install then re-mount the remote filesystem?

(I have a 10MB up/down connection to the Internet)

If so which protocol do you think would work best for secure transmission of
data?

If not why?