BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Move BackupPC

2008-08-08 16:01:34
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Move BackupPC
From: Diederik De Deckere <diederik AT minuscuul DOT be>
To: Rich Rauenzahn <rich AT shroop DOT net>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 22:00:34 +0200
Rich Rauenzahn wrote:

> I'm using RAID5 at home across 4x500GB drives to backup our home
> machines and another across the internet.   Space efficiency was
> more important to me than speed and I don't have any problems using
> RAID5.  So it really depends on your use case and priorities.  (Not
> all of us are backing up 100 laptops in a corporate environment!)
>
> Rich

Thanks for your reply.
I only have to backup 4 servers over the internet and 3 servers in our
home/office.  I don't backup laptops or desktops.  Everybody on the
LAN knows that I only backup files on the servers.

I guess RAID5 with 6x500GB is what I need.  I will use BackupPC to
make an archive  of all servers and save it as .tar file on my exteral
drive just is case.  With the new system I start all over with BackupPC.

--
Diederik