BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Question about "link pending".

2008-06-01 23:48:55
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Question about "link pending".
From: "Bruno Faria" <brunothebigb AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 22:48:46 -0500
Hi,

I've posted a similar a question before but since I didn't get any response the first time, I guess I'll try again . :)

For some reason I'm getting alot of "link pending". During the first backups I didn't have any problem with link pending since once a backup was done it would be done without any link pending. But whenever BackupPC_Nightly started, all the backups are getting "link pending" for hours and hours (about 7+ hours of link pending for each host).

So here are my questions:

1) Is it normal for links to be pending this long?

2) Would it be bad if I just increase the max amount of "link pending" on the config.pl file to allow about 20+ pending links?

3) What's the job of "link pending"?

Thanks for help in advance!

--Bruno