BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Rsync to Windows client very slow

2008-05-27 16:55:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Rsync to Windows client very slow
From: Kurt Jasper <kurt.jasper AT googlemail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 22:55:27 +0200
Jonathan Dill wrote:

> SyncBackSE can make use of Shadow Copy and can usually backup files
> that would be skipped by rsync, it is also very efficient, especially
> when using FastBackup mode.

Thanks for mentioning FastBackup.

I won't use FastBackup because:

1) it's not opensource
2) I can not configure what to backup from one location. Compared to
rsyncd, I can just share the c-drive and use the client.pl-files on the
backuppc server to do the configuration
3) it's additional software and even when it will work, it would be
better if backuppc can handle backups from windows-clients without
standard utilities. And using rsyncd backups are running fine :-)

- Kurt