BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] overlapping BackupPC_nightlys

2008-04-17 15:10:38
Subject: [BackupPC-users] overlapping BackupPC_nightlys
From: Tony Schreiner <schreian AT bc DOT edu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:10:13 -0400
On one of my BackupPC setups, I back a lot of data. On occasion
things run for more than 24 hours and I start getting

.... Botch on admin job for  admin : already in use!!

messages in the log file. I'm guessing that this means that a
BackupPC_nightly has been queued when there is already one running.

My question is, eventually they all run to completion, but is there
any value in queueing one up when another is already running? Does
running one after the other make any sense?

Tony