BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC restore???

2008-04-17 06:53:34
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC restore???
From: Joseph Holland <joseph.holland AT kepak DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:53:15 +0100
Ok, we have BackupPC version 3 installed on a few servers throughout our
company.  Recently one of the servers went down.  We have been using
rsync to backup the BackupPC'c data directory onto a USB drive.  I'm
just wondering is it possible to restore this data over a fresh install
of BaclupPC on another server?  I know that I will probably need the
/etc/BackupPC and the /usr/local/share/BackupPC directory's to do this
and have copied them over my fresh install of BackupPC, but it will not
see the old backups.  It can see however all the hosts that I was
backing up, but says that they have never been backed up by this new
install (which is true).

Can anyone help me???

Thanks,

JoeH.