Amanda-Users

Re: Backup issues with OpenBSD 4.5 machines

2009-08-20 17:13:37
Subject: Re: Backup issues with OpenBSD 4.5 machines
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:06:25 -0400
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:39:45AM -0400, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> stan wrote:
> > I know I have asked this before, but I can't recall getting a definative
> > answer. Is port usage different between 2.5.x and 2.6 clients, when
> > talkimng to a 2.6 server?
> >

> No, the same port are used if configured with the same port range.
> Do yousee something in the firewall log?

Well, this is getting interesting.

I have a working client. It's 2.5.0p1. And it's using BSD auth, rather than
bsdtcp, and at the moment I am not using compression. But it works on
OpenBSD 4.5.

This was the version that was working on one of the OpenBSD 3,9 machines. I
recompiled it for I386, and copied over the inetd.conf line, and it worked
first time.

I made an attempt to get 2.5.2p1 working, but things were not going well
with that, and I decided to drop all the way back to a version that i had
working on OpenBSD.

I am not certain if 2.5.2p1 will work on OpenBSD 4,5 yet or not, as I was
having problems getting it set up configuration wise, so I cannot assume
that it has the same issue as 2.6.1 yet.

So, this raises the question, what changed in sendbackup between 2.5.0p1,
and 2.6.1?

And given that this narrows the issue down to Amanda, and not the OS or
firewalls etc, how can i further troubleshoot the prolem?

programs.