Amanda-Users

Re: Backup issues with OpenBSD 4.5 machines

2009-08-18 09:03:48
Subject: Re: Backup issues with OpenBSD 4.5 machines
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:52:30 -0400
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 11:30:51AM -0400, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> And what is the error?
>
> It's probably not a "gzip: ..."

One more data point that I need to clarify. Thes 2 OpenBSD machines I am
fighting with did have older versions of Amanda on them, before we
upgradedd. They had 2.5.0p1, and 2.5.2p1 on them respectivly. I live in a
world where people with little understanding of our needs control the
netwrk, and there are (IMHO) way to many firwall rules. Is it possible that
the port utilizaton has chnaged between these versions and 2.6.1?

I'd look at this with wiresharkm but at the moment, compiling that on the
newer version of OpenBSD is itself an issue :-(

Thanks for the ehlp on this.

programs.