Amanda-Users

Re: Backup issues with OpenBSD 4.5 machines

2009-08-21 11:07:33
Subject: Re: Backup issues with OpenBSD 4.5 machines
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 10:56:39 -0400
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 08:06:46AM -0400, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> stan wrote:
> >Any thoughts as to why I have twice as many debug files as I expect?
> >

> When a dump fail, amanda try it a second time.

OK here is the latest on this saga :-)

On one of the OpenBSD 4.5 machines I have built 2.5.0p1, and was able to
back this machine up successfully (using classic UDP based authentication)

On another of them, I built 2.5.2p1. The first attempt to back this machine
up failed. I checked the log files, and found they were having issues
because /etc/amdates was missing. I corrected that, and started a 2nd
backup run. (Remember amcheck reports all is well with this machine). I
got the following from amstatus when I attempted to back up this machine.
Also remember, one of the test I ran with a 2.6.1 client was to connect a
test machine directly to the client, using a crossover cable to eliminate
any firewall, or router type issues.

I am attaching, what I think is, the amadnad debug file associated with this
failure.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to further troubleshoot this?

pb48:wd0f                     1  dumper: [could not connect DATA stream:
can't connect stream to pb48.meadwestvaco.com port 11996: Connection
refused] (10:37:27)

programs.