Amanda-Users

e2fsck question

2009-04-19 10:47:07
Subject: e2fsck question
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 10:35:58 -0400
Greetings;

I have a couple of emails from smartctl this morning, telling me that the
drive I'm using for the v-tapes has "one Offline uncorrectable error".  I
unmounted it and ran an e2fsck -y on it the last time that happened about 3
weeks ago which did not fix it, so I also ran a 'smartctl -t long /dev/sdc'
and that turned up nothing, but the error went away afterwards.  It was still
there after the first 2efsck.

So this time its 'e2fsk -c -c -y /dev/sdc1'

My question is, that is a 1 terrabyte drive, all partitioned as /dev/sdc1,
does anyone have an idea what the elapsed time might be?

And even more important, should I be asking for an RMA from Maxtor?

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Philogyny recapitulates erogeny; erogeny recapitulates philogyny.