Amanda-Users

Re: amdump stopped working

2009-04-01 16:35:31
Subject: Re: amdump stopped working
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Joe Konecny <jkonecny AT rmtohio DOT com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 15:24:46 -0500
To add yet another option, it turns out that www.zmanda.com is using
mnogosearch for its search box -- this covers wiki.zmanda.com,
forums.zmanda.com, and www.zmanda.com.  We can probably find a way to
leverage this search from wiki.zmanda.com, although that may mean the
results page is loaded from www.zmanad.com, and not wiki.zmanda.com.

So we have a few options:

1. Remove the "Go" button (Joe)
2. Add some text to the template distinguishing the two buttons (Chris)
3. Make up a custom google search (Dustin)
4. Use Zmanda's mnogosearch installation (Dustin)
5. Keep "Search" on every page, with a link to a page containing the
other options.

Relevant data-points:
- any of the mediawiki searches will miss manpages and perl documentation
- google takes a while to update indexes, while mnogosearch indexes
more quickly and mediawiki is immediate

There's a good bit of elbow-grease involved in most of these options,
so I'd like to be sure we have a consensus before moving forward.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com