Amanda-Users

Re: amdump stopped working

2009-04-01 12:11:51
Subject: Re: amdump stopped working
From: Joe Konecny <jkonecny AT rmtohio DOT com>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 12:01:36 -0400
Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Jean-Louis Martineau
<martineau AT zmanda DOT com> wrote:
Do you know amanda have not done a full DUMP in the more than 327 days? I
hope you have keep all the needed tapes otherwise you can't recover the
complete dle.
You should enabled splitting (I don't remember if it is possible in 2.5.1)
or you must divide you DLE in smaller part.

I just added a skeleton FAQ for this:

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/FAQ:Amanda_has_been_running_fine_for_years%2C_and_just_stopped

If you see any missing details, please add them!

Dustin

I have to say that while this article is good the search feature of amanda.org
is
confusing.  If you type "results missing" in the search box and click "Go" you
are taken to http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Results_missing but if you click
"Search" you are taken to
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Special:Search?search=results+missing&fulltext=Search
where you can find this article.  So IMO the search box should have a "Search"
button only or explain what "Go" means.  I never would have found that new
article because I always have clicked "Go".