Amanda-Users

"Holdingdisk no" - why does amanda wait to tape those DLEs?

2009-04-01 17:00:32
Subject: "Holdingdisk no" - why does amanda wait to tape those DLEs?
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: "Amanda user's group" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 22:50:24 +0200
At a client I have two DLEs which are local directories on the amanda
tapeserver. There is new data dumped there every day during the day.

I want to avoid to copy ~60 GB from disk to holdingdisk internally at
every amdump, so I decided to set them to "holdingdisk no" --> write the
to tape directly.

taperalgo first, btw

Now they sit there and "wait for dumping", I would like them to be taped
asap and the taper shouldn't get idle waiting for other dumpers until
everything local is taped, correct?

Do I forget something?

I hope I described it OK ...

amanda 2.6.1, btw