Amanda-Users

Re: amdump stopped working

2009-04-01 16:00:59
Subject: Re: amdump stopped working
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 14:44:16 -0400

Joe Konecny wrote:
Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Joe Konecny <jkonecny AT rmtohio DOT com> wrote:
The one that would have helped was the one you just created called:

FAQ:Amanda has been running fine for years, and just stopped

Maybe we should replace mediawiki's search completely with a
site-specific google search box.   Other opinions?

Dustin

Removing the Go button would be enough for me.  Here is a
link that shows how to do it...

http://www.mwusers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6607&highlight=remove+button

Well... I just searched (search button) for "monitor status" since I could not remember the amstatus command. It found nothing that led me to amstatus. I had to go to google to find it. So maybe google is a better option?

or perhaps both.

I often use google to search arbitrary sites just by using the "site:..." option in the search window. It can often be better than the site's own search. However, for google to find the page, you have to wait for it to be indexed. The mediawiki search is live and should give immediate results for things that have been recently changed or just changed or added.

Some sites get indexed almost constantly, others more infrequently. I often find postings that were just done in linuxquestions.org using google. Whereas, I can add something to hoogendyk.com and wait days or weeks or even more before google knows anything about it. I imagine wiki.zmanda.com is somewhere between those two extremes.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
  O__  ---- Systems Administrator