Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda encryption

2008-01-04 21:50:43
Subject: Re: Amanda encryption
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Paul Crittenden" <paul.crittenden AT simpson DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 21:37:57 -0500
On Jan 4, 2008 5:12 PM, Paul Crittenden <paul.crittenden AT simpson DOT edu>
wrote:
> Where does it say that aespipe is included in Amanda now and would I be
> better off reinstalling Amanda so it will hopefully overwrite the
> aespipe I installed?

If the version you installed overwrote that which came with Amanda,
then yes.  Amanda's amcrypt uses `which aespipe` to get the path to
the script, so if it finds the wrong (old) aespipe, you could edit
that script to point it to the right one.

If that doesn't fix things, please post the new debug files, and we'll
see what we can see.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer