Amanda-Users

RE: Amanda encryption

2008-01-07 12:58:14
Subject: RE: Amanda encryption
From: "Paul Crittenden" <paul.crittenden AT simpson DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 11:54:27 -0600
I have run some more tests and now I am getting a different error
message altogether in my logs. I am attaching the amdump log and the
script amaespipe, which is used to encrypt. The amaespipe is complaining
about improper usage.

I had to make some changes to the script because Solaris does not have
the head, tail and uuencode options the original script wanted.

Here is the original line for the amaespipe script for the seedstring:
seedstr=`head -c 18 /dev/urandom | uuencode -m - | head -n 2 | tail -n
1`

Solaris does not like the -c in head, the -m in uuencode and the way the
tail command is setup.

Also, I was told that amanda installs aespipe, I checked what was
installed and it looks like it installs amaespipe not aespipe. Amaespipe
calls aespipe, however.

Paul Crittenden
Computer Systems Manager
Simpson College
Phone: 515-961-1680
Email: paul.crittenden AT simpson DOT edu