Amanda-Users

Re: more with Amanda and Sun L9

2007-09-22 11:37:10
Subject: Re: more with Amanda and Sun L9
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 01:31:50 +1000 (EST)
Hi Brian,

Great, I see from the other messages that you made a lot of progress.
Don't know if you've worked with changers before, the mtx config file
in the amanda config directory has been updated to reflect the number
and ids of the tape drives and the correct number of slots and all ?

I'll check that - at the moment I don't have a ch-zd-mtx.conf file so I'll create one.

Otherwise, I've tried doing a dump run manually and it's not working. I fixed the .amandahosts permissions on two systems and these errors being reported for every file system specified in 'disklist':

yoda /dev/dsk/c3t1d0s4 lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /dev/dsk/c3t1d0s4 in yoda response]

etc.

I've changed all the disk devices to be owned by group 'sys' which is the group that 'amanda' is added to in /etc/group.

Also since I've been trying to run amdump more than once, subsequent reports are mentioning a 'usetimestamps' config file option? However that shouldn't be stopping individual filesystem dumps from working.

At least each run of amdump loads a different tape and is updating 'tapelist' accordingly with the new label date.

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";