Amanda-Users

more with Amanda and Sun L9

2007-09-15 05:07:58
Subject: more with Amanda and Sun L9
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 19:06:25 +1000 (EST)

I've had another go at this today by shifting the entire Amanda host setup to a different machine (Sun Ultra 2) and recompiling mtx and amanda from source. I'm using the same sort of Sbus Qlogic differential SCSI card to communicate with the L9 array that I had in the previous host system.

After figuring our the right config for the 'sgen' driver, I changed the amanda.conf file to show the device name for the changer (it's been detected as /dev/scsi/sequential/c1t1d0).

I have all the directories that Amanda needs created and chowned to be owned by amanda with group 'sys' and I also changed all the /dev/rmt nodes along with /dev/scsi/sequential/c1t1d0 to be owned by amanda with group 'sys'.

However when I rum 'amcheck' I still get the:

Changer problem: no slots available

error message that occured with the previous host system. Running 'amtape ORBnet update' produces the same thing.

If I replace 'tapelist' with a blank file, same result.

I'm also starting to think the problem is the array itself but I am sure others are using L9's with Amanda without any problems, even connected to a Sun box for the host.

Can anyone think of anything else I should be checking?

Running 'mtx -f /dev/scsi/sequential/c1t1d0 inquiry' reports the DLT drive type, etc. as expected.

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";