Amanda-Users

another thought about the L9

2007-09-15 09:37:21
Subject: another thought about the L9
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 23:35:24 +1000 (EST)

I found via google a reference to a Sun Managers posting (I'm not subscribed to that list - not sure why!) about configuring an L9 to work with the 'sgen' driver and mtx under Solaris 10:

http://www.fermit.org.uk/~awr/quickies/sun_l9_mtx.html

And in that post, it says to make sure the L9 isn't set to 'continuous' mode. The mode config sub-menu on the L9 lists three options - autodetect, stacker and random. Which one of those is 'continuous' referring to? I'll try the other two out and see if can get the sgen driver to bind to the changer device. At the moment it won't, though it does bind to the DLT drive itself (that's what the '/dev/scsi/sequential/xxx' device link points at).

The array has a very old firmware version as well - 2.06. I don't know if that would affect the changer device being detected properly.

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";