Amanda-Users

Re: amdump not working

2007-09-04 11:05:29
Subject: Re: amdump not working
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Chris Hoogendyk" <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 09:58:04 -0500
On 9/4/07, Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu> wrote:
> I'm kind of shooting in the dark here (not having tried to set up amanda
> client on my Mac desktop yet), but when I installed Timbuktu, I had to
> open a Timbuktu specific port in the Mac OS X firewall. If Amanda is
> coming in on another port, might it be necessary to do that for Amanda?
> Assuming, of course, that most everyone has the firewall turned on.

Thanks, Chris -- I expect that's it.  Maya, probably the easiest thing
initially is just to disable the firewall, and see if that helps.  If
it does, then you'll need to add a new firewall exception for port
10080 (assuming you're using BSDTCP).

If it works, would you mind updating the wiki page?

Dustin