Amanda-Users

Re: amdump not working

2007-09-04 10:01:07
Subject: Re: amdump not working
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Maya Bercovich" <MayaB AT tauex.tau.ac DOT il>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 09:03:21 -0500
On 9/4/07, Maya Bercovich <MayaB AT tauex.tau.ac DOT il> wrote:
> I understand that launchd replaces xinetd. Do I have to delete the amanda
> entry for xinetd?

Yes -- I'm not sure what happens if both are present.  You may also
want to look in your system log for launchd-related messages, although
it's not very talkative.

> do I have to configure my client to look for the entry in launchd or does
> that happen automatically?

It happens automatically.

> Does that error has to do with this issue or is my problem someplace else?

It's impossible to tell.  One thing that may help is to do a packet
dump of traffic between the server and client and see if the client
ever responds.

Dustin