Amanda-Users

Re: amdump not working

2007-09-05 08:31:39
Subject: Re: amdump not working
From: Maya Bercovich <MayaB AT tauex.tau.ac DOT il>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 15:31:10 +0300

Maya Bercovich
IT Unit
Life Sciences Faculty
Tel Aviv University
Tel: 972-3-6405099

On 4 Sep 2007, at 17:58, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:

On 9/4/07, Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu> wrote:
I'm kind of shooting in the dark here (not having tried to set up amanda
client on my Mac desktop yet), but when I installed Timbuktu, I had to
open a Timbuktu specific port in the Mac OS X firewall. If Amanda is
coming in on another port, might it be necessary to do that for Amanda?
Assuming, of course, that most everyone has the firewall turned on.

Thanks, Chris -- I expect that's it.  Maya, probably the easiest thing
initially is just to disable the firewall, and see if that helps.  If
it does, then you'll need to add a new firewall exception for port
10080 (assuming you're using BSDTCP).

Sorry guys, that's not it. The very first thing I did to tackle the problem was disable the firewall.
I also checked with tcpdump and saw that client and server communicate fine.
I think it's an amanda configuration problem on the client, maybe a mix-up somewhere with tcp/udp.
any other ideas will be great, I'm clueless now..

If it works, would you mind updating the wiki page?
sure, if ever...

Maya

Dustin