Amanda-Users

amanda - site inventory

2007-05-23 16:15:13
Subject: amanda - site inventory
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:08:04 -0400
Hello Amanda users,

We just did a quick head count at our site (we are updating our wiki)
and found the following

21 Amanda servers
over 70 amanda clients
over 293 DLEs

 - We have Solaris, IRIX and Linux servers and clients.
 - We have DLT, SDLT and LTO series tape units, we have obsoleted
   other/older formats ie DDS2 (for amanda's use anyway).
 - We have 4 or 5 different types of jukeboxes, all other systems
   having a non-robotic tape drives. None of our jukeboxes have
   multiple tape drives.
 - We utilize both HW and SW compression, depending on the
   capacity of the various clients (we do not use Server SW compression
   on any system, the arguable exception being when client==server)
 - We dump our DLEs with both (OS native) dump and with gtar, depending
   on tape capacity vs DLE size.

Not the world's largest site, but I think the largest in the neighborhood.

Thank you amanda team !

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org