Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda - unable to create temporary directory

2007-05-25 16:20:27
Subject: Re: Amanda - unable to create temporary directory
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 15:33:34 -0400
Jon,

I'm confused, apparently not parsing this correctly.

I believe you are saying that using strings you confirmed that
the message is generated from ufsdump, but that you would not
expect ufsdump to create /tmp/amanda, you would have expected
that from an amanda binary.

Is this a request to ufsdump by an amanda program to create the
/tmp/amanda directory, so an interaction between the two ? While
I only see this message in amdump output from amanda 2.4.4 it
just occured to me that I need a better look to confirm the issue
as a client or a server located DLE and that I need to check those
systems' OS versions.

The short question though is "Is there a ready fix" ?

> I said the message came from ufsdump based on checking with strings
> to see in which binary it was located.  It is in ufsdump, not one
> of the amanda programs.  I would not expect ufsdump to try to create
> /tmp/amanda.  That would be done by one of the amanda binaries.

                                                thank you,

                                                Brian