Amanda-Users

Re: Hardware suggestion

2007-05-10 19:57:45
Subject: Re: Hardware suggestion
From: dustin AT zmanda DOT com
To: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 01:34:37 -0500
On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 08:59:40AM +0700, Olivier Nicole wrote:
> Could anyone advise on some disk tray solution that is stong and
> reliable and will handle a lot of manipulation. idealy I wouldbe
> looking at one tray bay and 5 or 6 trays for the disks.

I think your best bet may be a set of Firewire enclosures.

If there is hardware out there rugged enough to hot-swap drives in trays
daily (e.g,. with a SCSI or SATA backplane), I expect it will be at a
much higher price-point (both for the hot-swap equipment, and for the
flavor of drives it requires) than equivalent commodity Firewire
hardware.

Dustin

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell