Amanda-Users

Re: Compression

2007-04-04 14:18:26
Subject: Re: Compression
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:09:52 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 at 11:39am, Jon LaBadie wrote

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 11:01:20AM +0200, Sebastian Henrich wrote:

How can I put the ratio in the dumptype spec?

Can't.  The history of last 3 dumps at full and incremental levels is recorded
in the curinfo file for the DLE after a dump.  I wonder (don't know) if you
could
clear or edit that file or the relevant lines.

Actually, you *can* control the initial guess at compressibility (on a DLE specific basis, even). Look in 'man amanda.conf' -- what you're looking for is "comprate".

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering