Amanda-Users

Compression

2007-04-03 19:49:01
Subject: Compression
From: Sebastian Henrich <shss AT gmx DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 01:40:23 +0200
Hello,

I'm using amanda 2.4.5 to backup my server. The tape is a HP DAT 72. This drives stores 36 GB of uncompressed data. I switched the hardware compression off and tried to use the software compression. Now I have the problem that amanda tells me every time

INFO planner Incremental of server:/srv/samba/profile bumped to level 2.
INFO planner server /home 20070404 0 [dumps too big, 15459005 KB, full dump delayed]

Amanda is configured to do a full backup each time which is impossible at the moment. I tried to backup ~45 GB of well compressable data. Normally amanda should be able to store the files compressed on the tape.

Has anybody some hints for me?

  Thanks

      Sebastian