Amanda-Users

Re: dumps way too big

2007-03-26 03:27:35
Subject: Re: dumps way too big
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert AT linux-m68k DOT org>
To: "jp.pozzi AT izzop DOT net" <jp.pozzi AT izzop DOT net>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:14:12 +0200 (CEST)
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, jp.pozzi AT izzop DOT net wrote:
> Le jeudi 22 mars 2007 � 20:13 -0400, Gene Heskett a �crit :
> > On Thursday 22 March 2007, storm66 AT club-internet DOT fr wrote:
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >One backup partly failed with :
> > >
> > >FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
> > >  k400  /mnt/d_mails  lev 1  FAILED [dumps way too big, 1025270 KB, must
> > >skip incremental dumps]
> > >  k400  /home/jpp     lev 1  FAILED [dumps way too big, 1116100 KB, must
> > >skip incremental dumps]
> > >  k400  /etc          lev 0  STRANGE
> > >
> > >for some other directories and machines the backup is OK.
> > >What is the problem ?
> > >
> > >Regards
> > >
> > >Storm66
> >
> > Your kernel version please?
>
> Kernel 2.6.16 on the "master" machine, 2.6.18 and 2.6.20 on other
> machines.
>
> Frank Smith asks for the size of tape I am using : it is a virtual tape
> on a separate disk whth more than 100G avalaible.

You write `partly' failed?

Doesn't it just mean that some DLEs were dumped (or estimated to dump) to tape,
but Amanda noticed the remaining DLEs couldn't fit anymore?

I see it from time to time, too. No harm, it just gets solved the next night :-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert AT linux-m68k
DOT org

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds