Amanda-Users

forcing a failed backup to disk to use the same slot

2007-03-24 15:25:03
Subject: forcing a failed backup to disk to use the same slot
From: René Kanters <rkanters AT richmond DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 10:33:15 -0400
Hi,

I have had some problems that an overnight backup 'hung up', i.e., a level 0 dump started but never properly finished so backups from other machines did not work either. So far the problem has been with the western digital disk on my Mac amanda server, where a restart of the external disk solves the problem.

I catch these problems the same day they happen, so I am wondering whether it is possible to run amdump with a configuration of dumping to a disk (using tpchanger "chg-disk") and not have amanda use the next slot, but the slot that the failed dump started on.

I could not find any information on that in the man pages.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
René