Amanda-Users

RE: Amanda Server on Cygwin amdump not working :-S

2006-08-21 06:31:07
Subject: RE: Amanda Server on Cygwin amdump not working :-S
From: David Sánchez Martín <dsanchez AT e2000 DOT es>
To: "'Paul Bijnens'" <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:23:13 +0200

>On 2006-08-21 09:48, David Sánchez Martín wrote:
>> $ /usr/local/sbin/amcheck  DailySet1
>> Amanda Tape Server Host Check
>> -----------------------------
>> WARNING: program /usr/local/libexec/planner: not setuid-root
>> WARNING: program /usr/local/libexec/dumper: not setuid-root
>> WARNING: program /usr/local/sbin/amcheck: not setuid-root
>
>I doubt it works when not setuid-root
>Strange this is a just a warning instead of an error...
>
>Did you do "make install" as root?
>(If that makes sense in a cygwin environment :-) )

I created an windows user called root for this.

The programs on cygwin shell seem correctly setuid to root (the user i've
created).

Maybe is a permissions problem but i tried to change owner to SYSTEM
(Windows best equivalent to God... err ... root, i mean :-)

With no visible difference (I tried SYSTEM, Administrator and root, all of
which are in Administrators group)

IMHO the problem seems to be on the taper/driver FATAL reading result from
taper: Software caused connection abort

I dig for some more information but in the logs there's just that
information again :-S

¿Some more clues out there? :-)