Amanda-Users

RE: Amanda Server on Cygwin amdump not working :-S

2006-08-24 03:11:26
Subject: RE: Amanda Server on Cygwin amdump not working :-S
From: David Sánchez Martín <dsanchez AT e2000 DOT es>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:57:55 +0200

>> >BTW have you tried accessing your tape drive with other amanda and/or
>> > cygwin commands?  Can you tar directly to and from your tapedrive
>> > without amanda?
>>
>> I do not use a real tapedrive/robot with amanda, and I doubt cygwin
>> has the ability to access directly to the devices (there's no /dev fs
>> anyway)
>>

>An amanda server on cygwin with virtual tapes!
>Now that is an interesting amanda application.

Interesting?... Mmmh... May be bizarre :-P

Now, i've reinstalled this PV745N with an unsupported, but hopefully less
error prone with amanda, Fedora C. 5

If you're interested this appliance has W2003 Storage preinstalled and has
no CD/DVD nor floppy drives.

I tried an USB + http installation but failed (that usb thing seems utterly
strange). I've installed that with PXE with not too much problem (hey, is
very simple!, i thought it be tough
http://www.stanford.edu/~alfw/PXE-Kickstart/PXE-Kickstart.html )

Thanks a lot list.