Amanda-Users

Re: Restoring from tape when Amanda server failed

2006-07-19 12:14:08
Subject: Re: Restoring from tape when Amanda server failed
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: gil naveh <gilnaveh1 AT yahoo DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:06:42 -0500

gil naveh wrote:
>     Thanks for the help.
>   I am familiar with the Amrestore command.
>   But the problem I am facing is that the Amanda server which also holds
> other  applications crushed. So I have to restore data from another server -
> I have  Solaris 9 and and or Solaris 10 servers that I can connect to the
> tape drive...
>   I also saved the configuration files of the amanda server.
>
>   Is there a way to directly connect to the tape drive and use unix commands
> to restore data from it?
>   Or any other suggestions...

As was previously posted, http://www.amanda.org/docs/restore.html
Look at item 6.iii

Also look at <http://www.amanda.org/docs/using.html#restoring_without_amanda>

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673