Amanda-Users

Re: Restoring from tape when Amanda server failed

2006-07-19 12:05:19
Subject: Re: Restoring from tape when Amanda server failed
From: Tom Brown <tom AT ng23 DOT net>
To: gil naveh <gilnaveh1 AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:57:14 +0100

I am familiar with the Amrestore command.
But the problem I am facing is that the Amanda server which also holds other applications crushed. So I have to restore data from another server - I have Solaris 9 and and or Solaris 10 servers that I can connect to the tape drive...
I also saved the configuration files of the amanda server.
Is there a way to directly connect to the tape drive and use unix commands to restore data from it?
Or any other suggestions...

you have the config files you say? Then why not reinstall amanda server on the same OS as the origional and then run the amrestore command as per normal?