Amanda-Users

Re: Restoring from tape when Amanda server failed

2006-07-19 12:07:51
Subject: Re: Restoring from tape when Amanda server failed
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: gil naveh <gilnaveh1 AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:00:53 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 at 8:35am, gil naveh wrote

   Thanks for the help.
 I am familiar with the Amrestore command.
But the problem I am facing is that the Amanda server which also holds other applications crushed. So I have to restore data from another server - I have Solaris 9 and and or Solaris 10 servers that I can connect to the tape drive...
 I also saved the configuration files of the amanda server.

Is there a way to directly connect to the tape drive and use unix commands to restore data from it?
 Or any other suggestions...

To repeat myself:

http://www.amanda.org/docs/restore.html

There are instructions on that page for restoring with standard *nix commands -- mt, dd, and tar/restore.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering