Amanda-Users

Re: Restoring from tape when Amanda server failed

2006-07-19 11:42:10
Subject: Re: Restoring from tape when Amanda server failed
From: gil naveh <gilnaveh1 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:35:05 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the help.
I am familiar with the Amrestore command.
But the problem I am facing is that the Amanda server which also holds other applications crushed. So I have to restore data from another server - I have Solaris 9 and and or Solaris 10 servers that I can connect to the tape drive...
I also saved the configuration files of the amanda server.
Is there a way to directly connect to the tape drive and use unix commands to restore data from it?
Or any other suggestions...

Many thanks,
gil

Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu> wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 at 8:12am, gil naveh wrote

> I have to restore from our tape drive, but our Amanda server that runs on Solaris 9 has failed.
> Any suggestion/ideas on how to recover files from tapes are mostly welcome.

http://www.amanda.org/docs/restore.html
man amrestore

This is very well explained in multiple (obvious) places.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering