Amanda-Users

Re: Backed up only half the data

2006-06-29 19:40:59
Subject: Re: Backed up only half the data
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:33:40 -0400
On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 04:53:24PM -0400, Ronald Vázquez wrote:

> I noticed that if you specify a DLE like: "desktop.domain.com   /
> normal", this only backus up the device where the root of the file
> system resides.  To backup the other devices I used
> "desktop.domain.com   md1   normal" to backup another file system.
>
> Question, how do I enter a DLE for a device which was configured
> "/dev/md/0" and not /dev/md0"?

Is that really your disklist entry?  I.e. all you have is

   <a_hostname>  md1  <a_dumptype>

Doesn't work for me.  I might have expected

   <a_hostname>  md1  /dev/md1  <a_dumptype>

Without mentioning a full path somewhere, either to the device
or to the top of the directory where I'm backing up, I get complaints.

In any even, amcheck -c is your friend.  Try things in your disklist
for yourself.  If amcheck accepts them, it will probably work.
Assuming md1 actually does work for you with no /dev, I'd try md/0.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)