Amanda-Users

Re: Backed up only half the data

2006-06-29 17:02:22
Subject: Re: Backed up only half the data
From: Ronald Vázquez <r.vazquez AT stelorproductions DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:53:24 -0400
Jon LaBadie wrote:

I for one was not thinking of amadmin ... info.  :)
You should also be getting a multi-page report emailed to
the user(s) specified in the mailto line of amanda.conf.

If you did not get one, perhaps your email system is not
setup for amanda yet.  You can also recreate the report
by using the amreport command (see the man page for options).
This can be emailed, saved to a file, or printed.

No, no one has ever understood amadmin info    ;))

the current information you are seeing is from the "curinfo" directory.
Amanda tracks the last three dumps for historical planning.  If you
don't have sufficient dumps dummy numbers, negative, are inserted.

Current info for brsrv /etc/amanda:
 Stats: dump rates (kps), Full:  2851.0,  -1.0,  -1.0
                   Incremental:   -1.0,  -1.0,  -1.0
         compressed size, Full:  95.5%,-100.0%,-100.0%
                   Incremental: -100.0%,-100.0%,-100.0%
 Dumps: lev datestmp  tape             file   origK   compK secs
         0  20060628  DailySet1-000002     4   11940   11407    4
Hello:

Since I don't want this box emailing out, I put a few lines of perl to act as the mailer "/bin/mail". All it does is write the input data to a file named <report-YYYYMMDDHHMMSS> and ssh the new data to another machine. So yes, I looked at the report. Some things are becoming clear now. Than you for your answers.

I noticed that if you specify a DLE like: "desktop.domain.com / normal", this only backus up the device where the root of the file system resides. To backup the other devices I used "desktop.domain.com md1 normal" to backup another file system.

Question, how do I enter a DLE for a device which was configured "/dev/md/0" and not /dev/md0"?

Thanks again,

--
Ronald Vazquez
Linux Systems Administrator