Amanda-Users

Re: Backed up only half the data

2006-06-28 14:16:56
Subject: Re: Backed up only half the data
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: "Ronald V. Vazquez" <rvazquez AT ctcministries DOT org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:12:40 -0500
Ronald V. Vazquez wrote:
> Hello list:
>
> I wanted to find out if anyone out there would know the reason why would
> amanda only back up half the data when the tape fits 3 times that amount.
>
> 200.0 Gig tape
>
>  60.2 gig of data
>  32.6 gig backed up
>
> I would like to perform a full backup where all this data would get
> written to tape.  Is it posible?

Yes, it is possible.  On what are you basing your idea that it isn't?
Perhaps you are using compression and 60GB compresses to 32GB.
Perhaps you have an exclude list that skips half your data.
Perhaps you are actually doing an incremental and 32GB is what has
changed since the previous run.

Perhaps posting more information would yield more specific answers.
What does the disklist entry, dumptype, and report for that DLE show?

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673