Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore: error reading file header: Device or resource busy

2006-05-10 20:39:46
Subject: Re: amrestore: error reading file header: Device or resource busy
From: Cameron Matheson <cameron.matheson AT fjcomm DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 17:27:29 -0600
Just a quick follow-up:

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 03:17:16PM -0600, Cameron Matheson wrote:
> Device or resource busy?  I haven't seen it do this before.  I'm
> assuming it means my tape-drive?  I'm not sure why it would be busy, but
> does anyone know what I could to do fix this?

I tried running 'lsof /dev/nst1' and it didn't show anything using the
process.  I then did 'watch -n1 /dev/nst1' and it showed the amanda
process come up and use the tape drive (nothing else), so I *think* i
can safely conclude that it is another file that is being locked?

I tested one other remote box to do a restore w/ the same results.  I
then attempted to restore my mailbox on the backup-server, which worked:

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/nst1 on host localhost.
Load tape DailySet1037 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? y
tar: ./var/cache/man/index.db: invalid sparse archive member
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers
tar: ./var/cache/man/local/index.db: invalid sparse archive member
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: ./var/cache/man/oldlocal/index.db: invalid sparse archive member
tar: Skipping to next header
./var/mail/cmatheson
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 2

I'm not sure if those warnings should concern me or not.  I opened up
the mbox in mutt and it looked fine.  Not sure why the restore worked
locally, but not for clients over the network, they've always worked in
the past.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Cameron Matheson